Saturday, November 30, 2013

The New Challenge

At the beginning of 2013, I set myself a challenge of blogging about new life challenges, changing each week. Unfortunately, other commitments got in the way and the project fell by the wayside (I really do admire Alex Sheen, but try his schedule with three kids).

However, the year is not over, and though I can't go back and do all the things on the now-defunct list, I can make one last effort to push myself over the line with some kind of achievement.

The new challenge will be to blog every day for the month of December, at least once a day. And it's going to be about whatever I want, but mostly from what I've been up to this year. My wife blogs every day. Seriously.

Every. Single. Day.

I hate her for it*. I tried blogging "regularly" and made it just over two months. She's been doing it more than a year and a half.

But I can do a month. I can do a month if I loosen things up a bit, take a look at what I learned from the last time, and stay focused. There is one other thing you should take a look at: the fact that I'm an Amazon Affiliate.

Go on, I'll wait.

...

Done? No? Seriously?

...

Ok, you've had enough time.

I wanted to bring this to people's attention, because (as I said over there) one of the reasons I stopped blogging earlier in the year was that I had a few incidents related to the program. I'll admit it: I wasn't doing enough to be clear and up front about the fact that I had a very small financial interest in getting people to purchase some of the products that I was discussing, and that obviously can lead to some hurt feelings.

So be aware: you'll be seeing more of those links, and if you trust me well enough, I wouldn't mind if you clicked on one or two while doing your Christmas shopping.

So here we go.

* - You know, in a loving, charitable, giving, good husband kind of way.

No comments: